Date Modified Timestamp On Windows
While using burp 1.7.37 on Windows I noticed that the "Date Modified" field is not being updated after closing Burp Suite.
I use version control system to upload the latest version of burp file to a repository and it doesn't not detect any changes to burp file as a result.
Could you let us know which version of Windows you are using and whether you are using the platform installer or the jar?
I'm using platform installer and jar file.
Both seems to have the same issue.
Just to clarify, do you mean that the Burp project file doesn’t update or the JAR / .exe?
1. On a Windows 10 system using Windows explorer go to a folder containing Burp Suite Pro project .burp file, for example 'myproject.burp'.
2. Note the 'Date modified' date and time of 'myproject.burp' project file.
3. Launch Burp Suite Pro program and open 'myproject.burp' project file..
4. Proxy traffic through Burp Suite Pro using a browser, ensure new data is populated into 'Proxy History' tab.
5. Close Burp Suite Pro program either by clicking on the "x" button in the program windows or by going to Burp > Exit.
6. Using Windows Explorer view the 'Date modified' date and time of the 'myproject.burp' project file.
7. In my case the 'Date modified' date and time from does not get updated and is the same in step 2 and step 6.
Thanks for the additional information.
We’re going to investigate further. However, it might be that the issue is with the OS.
I just wanted to see if there was any update on this issue.
Thanks for following up. This is a quirk of memory-mapped files on Windows, which Microsoft are aware of.
We could workaround this by explicitly setting the modified date when Burp is closed. I’ve logged a story for this, although it’s likely to be some time until we get to it.
Are there any plans to fix this issue anytime soon?
I'm using the latest version of Burp and after working on the file to two days the timestamp still says 7/1 even though today is 7/3.
Hi Dan, this issue is still in our backlog. We’ll update you when we make some progress.