Transparent proxy (invisible mode) doesn't work for OSX 10.14.6
Burp Invisible Proxy doesn't work for OSX 10.14.6 if the Application Firewall is turned on.
To proxy HTTP requests from iOS device, I configured testing environment as follows:
* I paired iOS device to MacBook via Bluetooth
* Internet Sharing (sharing Wi-Fi with Bluetooth PAN) is enabled on Mac OS X
* Port forwarding is configured as below (using pfctl)
- rdr pass on bridge100 inet proto tcp from any to any port 80:65535 -> 127.0.0.1 port 8080
* Invisible mode is enabled for a listener (listening 127.0.0.1:8080)
This method worked for OSX 10.14.4, but doesn't work for 10.14.6.
A workaround is to disable Application Firewall on macOS (Go to 'System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Firewall', and turn off the firewall.)
It might be a bug, because other proxy tools can still work as a transparent proxy for OSX 10.14.6.
Hi Eiji, Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Looking at the release notes, there doesn’t appear to be anything obvious that could have caused this: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT209149#macos10144
Have you tried with version 10.14.5?