Migrating from Burp Suite professional v1.7.37 to 2.1.x
Our teams are currently using Burp Suite professional v1.7.37. As part of nightly automation workflow, we starts up Burp from commadline and pass pre-configured settings (user settings and project settings) e.g. using --config-file, --user-config-file argument. These settings sets type of active scan we need to perform (to optimize scan time).
For us to determine effort to start using v2.x tool, could you help us with these info:
1) Can we pre 2.x configurations files with new v 2.x?
2) Is there a documentation/post on how to migrate from 1.x to 2.x?
3) We have custom Burp extension (worked well with v1.7.37), our test automation tool communicates to Burp Suite via this extension and performs the desired operations (active scan, generating html reports, etc). Should this be work as-is when we migrating to 2.x?
Thank you for your time.
1) The configuration files are different in version 2.x and will need to be recreated in the same way you created them initially.
2) We don’t have any specific guides to migrating over. However, we do have some blog posts to tell you what’s new in version 2.x that were released in October 2019 (https://portswigger.net/blog)
3) The extension API should match the version you were using in 1.7.37, so you shouldn’t have any issues. However, it is worth testing to ensure you aren’t using any deprecated functions.
Burp Suite Enterprise is designed to be built into your workflow with tools to help you integrate into your CI pipeline so this may be better suited for your needs. If this is of interest, then you can request a free trial to evaluate at the following location: https://portswigger.net/requestfreetrial/enterprise